The Nordic Fringe Network (NFN) aims to simplify systems and provide touring opportunities for artists applying to one or more of the Fringe festivals in the Nordic region.
WHY A NETWORK?
From the humble launch of Stockholm Fringe Festival (STOFF) in 2010, participating artists have expressed the desired to combine their “Stoffholm” visit with additional tour dates in the Nordic region. Until now a touring theatre network in the Nordic region has not existed.
WHO IS BEHIND IT?
- In 2016 team Stockholm Fringe Festival (STOFF) created the Nordic Fringe Network together with it’s younger sister festivals Gothenburg Fringe Festival (GOFF) and Bergen Fringe Festival.
- In 2018 Lahti Fringe Festival(Finland) joins our global community followed Fin Fringe (Åbo/Finland) in 2019.
- Reykjavik Fringe Festival’s pilot edition took place in July 2018!
- Zagare Fringe Festival (Lithuania) joined the network in late 2018!
1 NETWORK / 5 COUNTRIES / 7 UNIQUE FESTIVALS
- The 2018 NFN season is divided into two segments. A satellite event in July (Reykjavik) and plus the NFN month from Aug to Sept (Bergen, Gothenburg, Lahti, Stockholm). Turku (Åbo) is scheduled for the spring of 2019. Zagare in the summer of 2019!
- All 7 festivals will have their own digital and/or printed programme brochure.
- All 2018 festivals will have separate administrative organs meaning you will still have to submit your programme copy and visuals separately.
- Venue conditions and festival formats are also going to vary between the different festivals.
- The admin fee involved will vary from location to location.
The festivals got one thing in common: the aim to elevate the local through the global to offer the audience unique experiences outside of the traditional, to push boundaries and promote artistic innovation bravery.
Thanks to funding from Nordic Culture Point (Nordic-Baltic Mobility Programme for Culture) our network will be developed and refined during 2018-2019 via our Mobile Nordic Fringe Incubator project! The first meeting is scheduled to take place in Reykjavik (Iceland)
You will be able to influence how we continue to work together! More information about this process coming soon!